Lost Friday

Friday, November 14, 2008 | 0 Comments

Sometimes I can't get to sleep at night. I guess that makes me an insomniac. I try the usual strategies - a sleep aid, soft music, deep breathing - and sometimes they just don't work. So after 20 minutes or so I get up and go to the couch. Often I read a sleep inducing book like Woe Is I: Grammar Hints and Tips. That can help but last night it didn't. So I read my kid books and ham radio books and watched the sun come up.

Having a few hours to read books is usually great but when it's at the expense of good, solid sleep I know the next day is a "lost" day. I have to catch up on the missed sleep as well as try to control my pain levels, which rise with insufficient sleep.

I wish I felt like cleaning the house when I can't sleep - then all would not be lost.

0 comments:

Post a Comment